The Centre was established for educating the rural students, staff members of other Departments and Non-teaching staff members about Information Technology and Social Development.
- To provide knowledge and skills in Information Technology.
- To offer computer literacy to other department staff and Non-teaching staff members.
- To inculcate the spirit of service for the society through IT.
- To provide IT skills for students of various discipline such as MSW, BSW, BA , MBA etc.
- To provide training in computer skills to the rural students.
- To improve computer literacy rate among the rural students and sustain awareness about usage of computer.
- Computer Awareness Programmes
- Computer Training to Rural Children
- Computer Training to Non-teaching staffs
- Consultancy Services (Areas: Computer Training, Software consultancy)
Department of Computer Science & Information Technology is entrusted with responsibility of running the Centre for Information Technology for Social Development. This department will initiate, Co-Ordinate and maintain the above mentioned activities of the centre. This centre renders services by the resource persons related with this programme.(2001)